As needs evolve in the community, so do our programs. Junior League members are accomplished collaborators who identify community needs and develop effective and responsive programs to serve those needs.
These are our current 2012-2013 community projects:
- Done in a Day are donations that make a BIG difference in a short amount of time. In 2011-2012, JLMC donated $6000 in food to children that go hungry on the weekends, $4000 in cribs & supplies to a local maternity home, and $2000 in educational family fun packs to families at Pride Park.
- Get Your Fit On! is a free public event that introduces different sport activities and healthy eating habits to kids.
- Junior League Gives Back encourages disadvantaged youth at Orange Ridge-Bullock Elementary to pursue education and achieve Honor Roll.
- Kids in the Kitchen® empowers youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and aims to reverse the growth of childhood obesity.
- Youth Mentoring is a foster children focused mentoring program.
In addition to JLMC community projects, our members volunteered in the past year 1,757 hours for 72 different organizations!